Walter Ihejirika and Martha Mosha
Title: Reviewing youth cybersecurity awareness in Namibian and Nigerian higher education institutions
The aims of the research are to:
• Assess awareness amongst the youth at the University of Port Harcourt and the University of Namibia;
• Evaluate the cybersecurity skills that youth have at these institutions; and
• Compare the cybersecurity awareness at the two institutions.
Key findings and ideas:
The research used the Theory of Planned Behaviour to assess cybersecurity awareness amongst the youth in two universities, one in Namibia and the other in Nigeria. The Model is used to evaluate cybersecurity awareness through attitudes, norms, intentions and behaviour. The young people’s skills are evaluated in terms of their knowledge pertaining to cybersecurity. The strength of the paper lies in its comparison of youth in two different countries in Africa.
To contact the authors:
- Martha Mosha: marthamosha(at)gmail(dot)com
- Walter Ihejirika: walter(dot)ihejirika(at)uniport(dot)edu(dot)ng