We invite submissions of proposals for demonstrations at the ICT4D Non-Conference 2020. Accepted demo presenters will be able to share their work through dedicated sessions on each day of the conference.
Demos provide researchers and practitioners with a venue for showcasing live demonstrations of their work, which may include novel hardware or software systems, video footage, physical artefacts, or any other relevant ICT4D activity.
- 15th March 2020 – Submission of demo proposals (see below)
- March-April 2020 – Peer review and selection of demos
- 15th April 2020 – Decisions on demo acceptance.
Those wishing to submit a demo proposal should send a one A4-sized abstract (preferred .pdf format) to email@example.com by 15th March 2020, which should include:
- Title of demo
- Name(s) of proposer
- Affiliation(s) of proposer
- E-mail address for contact
- Brief description of the demo
- The context in which the demo was developed
- How it contributes to the use of ICTs for development
- What is novel about it
- The infrastructure that would be necessary to be able to give the demonstration during the ICT4D Non-Conference
- Willingness to provide a formal risk assessment should the demo be accepted.
Demo Review Committee
The Demo Review Committee is currently being constituted, and further names will be added to the list below once they have been confirmed:
- Julius Sweetland (Creator of Optikey)
- Ken Banks (Head of Social Purpose, Yoti; developer of Fontline SMS)
Should any further information be required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.