We strongly believe that all events and conferences (as well as non-conferences) should enable people to participate inclusively, respectfully and safely, and without fear of harassment. The ICT4D Non-Conference 2020 is therefore being held according to the UN system code of conduct. Any concerns during the event should be referred immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensure that there are clear guidelines on expected behaviour that specifically address sexual harassment during your event. We are following the UN code of conduct.
- As far as possible ensure a gender balance among invited speakers and panellists. We have a diverse collective team delivering the Non-Conference, and are encouraging a gender balance among convenors of “intersections”
- Seek to ensure a gender balance of moderators for panels or sessions. We are seeking to do so, and are encouraging convenors of “intersections” to maintain a balance of those involved in leading sessions
- Ensure there is a gender balance between hosts and hostesses if the conference decides to have people in such roles. We are not employing hosts/hostesses, and volunteers are not being selected based upon gender.
- Ensure that organisations employ appropriately dressed staff at their stands or displays in any exhibition areas. We are seeking to ensure this.
- Be pro-active if you see inappropriate behaviour. We commit to being pro-active and encouraging others to be likewise
- Have a clear and easy channel through which people can reach out for help. Please contact email@example.com or any member of the organising collective team should you need help or assistance.